New players: tips, questions and answers

Guides and tips. A place for questions and answers.

Disruptor Beam

Postby Desmera Longbough » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:21 pm

The company that produces GOTA, Disruptor Beam, usually uploads bug fixes and game updates on Mondays. Then they add a note to the forum (blog) explaining what they changed, and any continuing known issues. For example, here is a quote from today:

"Known Issues:
- Players attacking an alliance via the Overall tab of the War Map or via the Diplomacy tab of the Alliance window cannot attack camps in locations other than the North.
- After enabling a tactic to produce two items at the smithy, embassy, or market, players need to refresh to see the Produce 2 button.
- Alliance Tiers are not yet listed on the Alliance MoTD on iOS and Android.
- Prestige is not yet displayed in rewards on iOS and Android.
- Alliance Message of the Day requires two line breaks for a break, and three for a blank line.
- Phase victors leaderboard shows some victors in the wrong phases.
- Alliance Camp levels may not update on the Camps Overview page until the game is refreshed.
- Boons are currently not available on Quests on Android.
- Players should not reincarnate while being active in Alliance Challenges that they initiated.
- Clicking “Set Best” on Adventure Parties will not work unless you have an Adventure selected. Once an Adventure is selected, it will work correctly. This is because it needs an Adventure to compare itself to.
- Alliance camps are currently showing no bonus stats from camps of the same type in the region. We believe this is a display issue only. If you have any further information, please let us know in the Live Bugs forum."

This helpful information can be found under http://disruptorbeam.com/forums/gota/viewthread/18143/ (if you truncate after gota, I believe you'll see the forum index). I highly recommend becoming a regular reader of the forum.
~Desmera Longbough
Quick link to friend me: http://gota-www.disruptorbeam.com/play/friend_request/1244036
Caw!
Desmera Longbough
Lord or Lady Paramount

In Game Name: Desmera Longbough
Fealty: House Tyrell
Alliance: Song of Ravens

Changing your ingame display name

Postby Ronnet » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:59 am

If you register for the game with Facebook, the game will display your real name next to your character name in many places your name is listed (for example - alliance memberlist).

To change this display name, go through the following steps:

1. Log into your game account at www.disruptorbeam.com.
2. Click on the Account link at the top of the page.
3. Update your screen name from the Account tab.
4. It will be changed within 24 hours ingame.

The ability to change your display name like this applies to players who log in from Facebook or Disruptorbeam.
Ronnet Connington, Officer
Click to add me as a friend in game
Ronnet
Warden of the Forum

In Game Name: Ronnet Connington
Fealty: House Stark

Advanced Crafting

Postby Desmera Longbough » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:23 pm

There comes a time when we want to try our hands at crafting higher items, or luck-based items. I've had the following question myself. I thought it might be useful for others to read the response from the GOTA forum on Wikia, a forum I highly recommend for its reliability and comprehensiveness:

"A common question asked by new players is whether Superior Items provide any benefit when used to craft another item. They do not. They will neither increase your chance of a superior result nor add to your success rate when attempting chance recipes such as Fireship. Only Gems, Talents and Building Upgrades provide such benefits."

From http://gotascent.wikia.com/wiki/Superior_Items

Someday, maybe one of us will craft a "Shining something-or-another of Power" (36-36-36). If so, I hope he or she will post a picture here so we can all covet, er, congratulate the proud owner!
~Desmera Longbough
Quick link to friend me: http://gota-www.disruptorbeam.com/play/friend_request/1244036
Caw!
Desmera Longbough
Lord or Lady Paramount

In Game Name: Desmera Longbough
Fealty: House Tyrell

Previous

Return to Maesters of the Citadel