Reincarnating

Guides and tips. A place for questions and answers.

Re: Reincarnating tips

Postby Serra » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:30 pm

I do the same as Ronnet advises. Right now I'm saving gold, so when I sell off equipment I put it into building upgrades. I also run extra adventures on my lowest level SS so I can train them for more Power.

I know it sucks to have a bunch of items that could be of use later, but I see long delays in reincarnating a hindrance in the long run (for me, personally). I can make more stuff later.
Serra
Smallfolk

In Game Name: Wicked Wynter
Fealty: House Baratheon
Alliance: N/A

Postby Shyra » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:06 pm

Well, Ronnet and Dahlia seem to have touched on most everything you asked, so I'm afraid I don't have much to add except that you don't lose prestige points when you RI. I was worried about that, so I donated a bunch to tactics, but left myself some to see if they carried over and they do. In my opinion, it's worth it to have some for yourself so you can activate the alchemist tactic(s) and maybe the scholar's tactic. The scholar's tactic(s) will get you more character experience, which is useful for leveling, but the alchemist tactic can help you level more quickly, too. It allows you to produce the necessary resources needed for upgrading (i.e. cloth, stone, etc.) more quickly. You forget how slow they are to produce in the beginning, but they are. Having at least one of the alchemist's tactic speeds up their production (in addition to bread, which I recommend you start crafting as quickly as possible. Bread is neat here, too, because not only does the alchemist tactic speed up production for it, but it speeds up the production for the resources you need to produce it.)

Upgrading buildings is one of the fastest ways to level up and in turn, helps you speed through RI. One thing I do is I bank talents until level 30 (except for adding the adventure party talent at level 20 and the fealty building at level 13). The quests you'll be doing before you get there are relatively fast compared to the later ones, so being able to upgrade the speed of three talents to the max is really useful for finishing RI more quickly. (I usually pick the main talent for my fealty as one of the three to upgrade. For example, I'm in Targ right now, so I chose to speed up the spy talent and then the two others I picked were sabotage (my strongest attack) and harass (my strongest fight attack). It'll be up to you whatever talents you choose to upgrade, but I would definitely recommend at least your fealty's speciality and the more aggressive attacks since those are ones that usually prove more useful.)

What else? Um, as soon as you have the CP to send your SS adventuring, try starting them out on the Silence the Silvertongues adventure. It has a higher drop rate of stone, which you'll need for a lot of upgrades. Also, once you've reached the appropriate level to unlock this adventure you can send them on the Find the Slum Smugglers adventure to help earn extra silver. It has a decent drop rate for woven belts and dulls razors, which fetch a decent price when sold, esp. the belts, so you'll have more silver handy to, you guessed, upgrade more buildings, which keeps things moving along at a pretty good clip.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head and this was probably too much information to begin with, but hopefully, some of it will prove useful. Good luck RI! It's a miserable business, but just concentrate on getting through it. :)
Shyra
Warden

In Game Name: Shyra Seastar / Tyene Sunglass
Fealty: House Martell
Alliance: Raven Knights / Song of Ravens

Postby Peateedee » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:37 am

Some excellent ideas there, thank you! Always open to other thoughts if anyone else fancies sharing their tricks?

With regards to talents, I always cash it in asap, on the basis that it can be benefitting me straight away that way, but I hadn't particularly considered the implication of concentrating on speed rather than strength initially. Knew it would be worth asking for advice!!
Peateedee
Squire

In Game Name: Germund Gargalen
Fealty: House Lannister
Alliance: Raven Knights

Postby Serra » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:56 pm

It has been a long time since I was "new" to RI, so I forget the struggles. I RI'd today, so I am reminded of what it used to be like vs what I do now.

Strong equipment added to the main character will give you more strength than anything else at the beginning. If you do not buy gold, there have been opportunities to receive permanent items through the World Event. Adding seals to those is Huge when you're first starting out. I also have several permanent sworn swords. My silver is best used in other ways when starting. If you are going to RI often, I highly recommend perm SS.

The last time I was at a high level before RI, I perm'd an adventure party point. I start off with 10 available. That holds me over for quite some time since I am also trying to barter with the treasurer. Adding and removing SS from the adventure party is boring.

My first objective is to build the counting house up. I split it 3-stacks of coins and 7-stacks of bars, then work on bags of coins. I have not unlocked the money chest and do not plan on ever needing to.

I am also running through quests only in the first volume at the very start. If a request comes in to help with a Boss Quest, I will add an SS if they aren't all out adventuring (for stone). I help in the BQ's because they are a legit way to level up, even if it isn't as lucrative as it was in the past. I do not recommend using all of your SS in this way, making quests wait until an SS is free.

I do not spend any talent points until I have hit level 30. At that time I speed up at least one attack type from each of the three areas. I previously perm'd the fealty buildings, or else I would spend one at level 13 for my current house. Speed is always my highest priority. Strength is built along the way and gives no guarantees. Unless they have changed it, there is always a 5% chance of loss. Always. And as quests get longer (adventures too), a 24% increase (plus speedups from building upgrades), the savings on bread consumption is pretty great. I hurried through my last few chapters using bread and between speedups from talent points, buildings and gear -- I saved dozens of breads.

When prioritizing building upgrades, I go by the amount of silver needed. Anything below 500 silver gets done first. Once those are done, I move up to 1000 silver and below. After that, 1500. Now, after that level I actually have to switch it up to 2k or below OR work on a building that does not have at least 5 upgrades done yet.

When I know I am going to RI again once available, I sell off my equipment and other items gained through adventuring and BQ's. I do not sell off regular resources or SS. Gems, boons and uncommon resources are not kept. The silver I get covers most of my expenses. I do not rely on barters from other players but that's mostly because I know I'm terrible at doing it in return. Adventuring SS will also help the cash flow.

I am going to be sticking around in "this life" for quite a while to attempt quickening an egg and hatch another (plus to build up for the later AvA cycles). I won't be selling off equipment. I will be buying up common SS as often as possible. I'll be training them so they're at 14/14/14-ish. At a higher level I'll be adventuring for good equipment.

Make bread. I try to not use it until chapter 9, but even then I always think I'm going to run out (sorry, don't remember what I started/ended with). That gives me breathing room to upgrade buildings, not stress about quests and also to complete quests from other volumes.
Serra
Smallfolk

Postby Ronnet » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Right after you get out of the prologue after reincarnation, I recommend doing all quests of all volumes that you can do without using a SS on them (basically 1-2 first quests of each volume). Clicking through them is quick and gets you both silver and exp. In 2 or 3 of the volumes (don't remember), the game will eventually give you a BQ (regular quest for others, ignore these unless you have lots of overpowered permanent SS). Enter the BQ with an SS and invite all the people you can to finish it for you quickly (ingame invites, link sharing, etc). The #-1-#3 rewards are pretty much worthless anyway, but the completion reward for quest owner is a +15 battle weapon for at least one of them. Keep it or sell it, both are good options.
Ronnet Connington, Officer
Click to add me as a friend in game
Ronnet
Warden of the Forum

In Game Name: Ronnet Connington
Fealty: House Stark
Alliance: Song of Ravens

Postby Sean » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:45 am

Hi guys,

Can I ask advice on reincarnating? I whipped through all 8 fealties when I started playing so that I could unlock all of the fealty buildings. I'm not at level 195 and have upgraded all of my buildings in full. Is it worth reincarnating again just to increase my power rating and to gain another permanent talent point, or should I just sit tight and grow gradually stronger? What have other, more experienced players done?

Thanks for any words of wisdom that you can offer!

Sean :) (Caryx)
Sean
Squire

In Game Name: Kaelon Darktyde

Postby dviele0409 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:32 am

Sean, I was right where you were so I decided to spend the gold for sand steed and RI'd 8 times to make it permanent. I now run faster quests but I am still weighing whether it was worth it. I see some very good advice here in this thread and really have nothing to add. I did some of the things mentioned here and also ran quests in all chapters which kept the silver coming in very quickly which allowed for faster buildings which allowed me to rise in rank quickly. The other thing that I did was to constantly make bread and mead. I used the mead to upgrade the village center quickly and used the bread on the Kirth story line in volume one only.
dviele0409
Smallfolk

In Game Name: Dafyd Wayn
Alliance: Raven Knights

Postby Serra » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:52 pm

Sean » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:45 pm wrote:Hi guys,

Can I ask advice on reincarnating? I whipped through all 8 fealties when I started playing so that I could unlock all of the fealty buildings. I'm not at level 195 and have upgraded all of my buildings in full. Is it worth reincarnating again just to increase my power rating and to gain another permanent talent point, or should I just sit tight and grow gradually stronger? What have other, more experienced players done?

Thanks for any words of wisdom that you can offer!

Sean :) (Caryx)

My perspective:

I went through and got all the buildings. Dragons. That was the only reason to do it. So, got an egg and it finally quickened. Months of gathering, producing, growing a stronger character. I hated (really, hated) the idea of ever having to RI again. I was bummed to learn that another house was to be introduced. It still hasn't shown up, but whatever.

I was gathering and crafting to hatch a dragon. I got so bored. I could adventure very quickly, many of the volumes had been completed for quests and I wasn't too sure about AvA (Faith cycle has been my favorite so far). Helping with boss quests and alliance challenges was "meh". It did not keep me engaged with the game. So I RI'd. I have done it a few times since but now I'm sticking with this character so I can help in later AvA.

If you aren't bored, stick with the character you've built. Crafting badass equipment can be fun. Constantly buying common SS to train up as cannon fodder for AvA can be fun. Attempting to quicken/hatch can be fun. I'm going to attempt quickening a second egg. I don't know what I'll be doing after the next three AvA. It will depend on how bored vs engaged I am with the game.

I'm just glad I'm not one of the people to reach obscene levels (600+) who may never comfortably RI again. People rely on their strength and it isn't possible to level as quickly anymore (balancing done by DB re: Boss Quests).

I guess what it all comes down to is what keeps the game fun for you. I've played a lot of games for a lot of years and that was a learned priority.
Serra
Smallfolk

Postby Sean » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Thanks for taking the time to advise me on this - much appreciated :)
Sean
Squire

In Game Name: Kaelon Darktyde

Postby Ronnet » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:26 pm

I just thought to mention something about levelling after reincarnating - apparently, if your main goal is to level up really quickly and do nothing else (for example, in your final life), all you need to do is to focus on battle quests and not building or equipping. It seems that we get the experience for BQ for each hit we make in there...instead of damage dealt. So the more times you click on the button to attack in a boss quest, the more exp you get.

Something like that. Just a warning though - a group of players got themselves to level 600 in 3 weeks using this, and the game devs didn't like it much...although they didn't really do anything about it either.
Ronnet Connington, Officer
Click to add me as a friend in game
Ronnet
Warden of the Forum

In Game Name: Ronnet Connington
Fealty: House Stark

Previous

Return to Maesters of the Citadel