Reincarnating

Guides and tips. A place for questions and answers.

Reincarnating

Postby Ronnet » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:49 pm

What is reincarnation?
    Reincarnation is, in essence, restarting the game while keeping some bits of your previous life.

When can I reincarnate?
    After finishing Volume 1 a new quest will appear named "Cycle of Rebirth". If you choose to "drink the potion" in that quest, you reincarnate.

I completed Volume 1 long ago but don't have the quest?
    In that case, open your lorebook and look under Lineage from the menu. A big button "Reincarnate" should be there. Before completing Vol 1 there is a button "Restart" instead, which is a completely different thing.

What exactly happens when I reincarnate?
    When you reincarnate, you lose your previous character and all character progress, and lose even AvA participation and marriage pacts. You lose all buildings and (almost) all talents. You lose all your silver, seals, and other items (unless permanent). By paying this cost you get a "permanent talent point". You can use this to make one talent point permanent in any talent available to you. A permanent talent will persist with you forever, even if you reincarnate many times.

What talent should I get?
    Any talent can be made permanent, although most people want the Lv 13 talent of each fealty. This is what unlocks the ability to build fealty-specific buildings. By making all of these permanents, you can have all buildings. It can be quite useful as you'll have higher stats, more items to craft, and a chance at hatching a dragon.

If I make a talent that has 8 points permanent, will it all become permanent?
    No. It will become permanently 1/8; you can add points to it when you next reincarnate into fealty that has it available. To get a permanent 8/8 talent, you'd have to invest 8 talent points from 8 reincarnations.

What else do I keep? Do I lose my gold?
    When reincarnating, you keep the following with you (in addition to permanent talents):
      *All food, drinks, and healing items (so you can craft some in advance!=
      *All gold
      *Everything bought for gold
      *Everything that you either renamed (using 2 gold) or on which you opened extra seal slots (with gold) - they become labeled "permanent".
      *All seals slotted into permanent items or your own character. They will stay inside these pieces of equipment even in new life.
      *All power
      *Friendlist and alliance

What things do I have to do before reincarnation?
      *Make sure you have a bunch of bread and ale to make starting out easier.
      *Go through your lorebook and pick up all rewards you can. In particular, there are 2 permanent legendary daggers at the end Volume 1. These stay with you even when reincarnating.
      *Donate as much items as you can to the alliance activities (camp upgrades, challenges).
      *<optional> sell all items you can, and use the money for some quick building upgrades - for extra Power.

How to make starting over less of a pain?
    Invest in everything that reduces the timers on various activities. At the end of Volume You there are some time reduction seals. Bread and Mead are a blessing to have with you. If you have a lot of extra gold, get a direwolf patriarch (and/or other time reduction stuff). Additionally, make all things you want to keep permanent without reincarnating - either rename for 2 gold or open a new seal slot for 3-5 gold. In your new life, save up talent points until Lv 30 and then invest them in talents that make some actions faster - such as fight actions or swindle actions - this also affects quests! The only other place to invest a talent point or two in is the one allowing to have adventure parties.

How can I get silver and resources to build after reincarnation?
    Silver - bartering others, asking other for barters, quests, selling quest rewards.
    Resources - craft them yourself or just send sworn swords out adventuring to adventures dropping what you need.

That's it! If more questions come up, I will update the post here (Y) .
Ronnet Connington, Officer
Click to add me as a friend in game
Ronnet
Warden of the Forum

In Game Name: Ronnet Connington
Fealty: House Stark
Alliance: Song of Ravens

Re: Reincarnation FAQ

Postby Desmera Longbough » Thu May 01, 2014 3:11 am

Awesome list. I have not yet reincarnated, but I am working on stocking up on food & healing items... How many do you like to stockpile before you reincarnate each time?
~Desmera Longbough
Quick link to friend me: http://gota-www.disruptorbeam.com/play/friend_request/1244036
Caw!
Desmera Longbough
Lord or Lady Paramount

In Game Name: Desmera Longbough
Fealty: House Tyrell

Postby Ronnet » Thu May 01, 2014 6:25 am

It really depends how much of a hurry you are in. If you want to get through a fealty in a week or two, you'd probably need around 20-50 of both.

The only quests that matter for getting through a reincarnation quickly are Volume 1 ones, so these are the only ones I ever use speedup items on. I still work on all quests I can though. Volume 1 also has one particular perk - it has tons of quest lines that need to be completed at the same time to advance. In general, I don't use bread at all until the point that all Volume 1 questlines converge into one (I guess this is soon after the time that you get to see Joffrey's "justice"). But technically you could get through a reincarnation in 1 day if you had insane amounts of bread to burn.
Ronnet
Warden of the Forum

Postby Joseph Snow » Thu May 08, 2014 5:46 pm

I have never reincarnated either, but I am currently preparing to do it. I have been playing for quite a while and have some pretty nice stuff stockpiled. It's going to be rough losing a lot of the stuff that I have.

I have 40 Sworn Swords of which 19 are already permanent. Should I bother with making any more of them permanent? All of my best sworn swords are permanent already. As far as permanent gear and companions....I have some nice stuff that I've already made permanent....legendary and peerless stuff mostly. Anyway, my question here is, is it really a major concern to have a lot of permanent gear and companions when reincarnating? I'd like to make a few more things permanent like ceramonial bowl and the forest armor as I think forest armor is needed to make the jeweled armor which is used to make the Dragon Horn. and my ultimate goal is to hatch a dragon. Next, as of this post, I have 60 fresh baked breads and 39 Meads. I'm going to continue to rack those up until I actually make the move to reincarnate.

As far as silver goes, I currently have 148,871 and that number will go up considerably once I sell everything else that I'm not taking with me into the next life. Is there a way to donate it all to the alliance at once? Or do I have to donate it a little at a time during the next phase of AvA?
Joseph Snow
Warden

In Game Name: Joseph Snow
Alliance: Pyrate Dragon Kings

Postby Ronnet » Thu May 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Joseph Snow wrote:I have 40 Sworn Swords of which 19 are already permanent. Should I bother with making any more of them permanent?

Joseph Snow wrote:Anyway, my question here is, is it really a major concern to have a lot of permanent gear and companions when reincarnating?

Think of it that way. At level 5 you can send out 3 sworn swords on adventures / AvA, 1 on the bonus quest, 8 on quests from 4 different volumes (there's about that many of them available at this point). And this is still less than you have made permanent. By the time you need 19 you'll already have enough money to buy a bunch of cheap ones.I think you're good to go =) I have ~40 permanent SS myself but most of them I'm not able to fully use until I've leveled up enough to get command points to use them.

Joseph Snow wrote:I'd like to make a few more things permanent like ceramonial bowl and the forest armor as I think forest armor is needed to make the jeweled armor which is used to make the Dragon Horn. and my ultimate goal is to hatch a dragon.

Unfortunately permanent items cannot be used for crafting. So if you make a forest armor permanent, it can't be used to craft the dragon horn or the jewelled armor.

Joseph Snow wrote:As far as silver goes, I currently have 148,871 and that number will go up considerably once I sell everything else that I'm not taking with me into the next life. Is there a way to donate it all to the alliance at once? Or do I have to donate it a little at a time during the next phase of AvA?

You will be able to donate all your silver at once in the next AvA since we intend to speed upgrade one camp to start out. And it will require MASSIVE amounts of silver. This is why we have Desmera as a treasurer, but everyone else is also free to pitch in.
Ronnet
Warden of the Forum

Postby Joseph Snow » Thu May 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Oh wow, I didn't realize that permanent items couldn't be used to craft. Thanks for telling me!

I'm going to make one attempt at quickening my dormant dragon egg before I reincarnate since I already have one ceremonial bowl and 2 ceremonial daggers to go toward making the offering needed. I also have plenty of incense. I'm sending most of my SS's out on adventures to get the sacrifices needed. Hopefully, I'll be able to make the quickening attempt before the AvA is over....we'll see. :D
Joseph Snow
Warden

In Game Name: Joseph Snow
Alliance: Pyrate Dragon Kings

Postby kin loony » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:07 am

Hi, just thought I'd share a reincarnating experience with you, after quite few failed attempts to reincarnate "using google" on both the facebook page and the disruptor beam page, I tried on my iphone and succeeded first time, hope this helps anyone else who has encountered this problem
kin loony
Smallfolk

In Game Name: kin loony
Alliance:

Postby jlochamy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:04 am

Why do people keep referring to reincarnating as a need to hatch a dragon egg? The Martell glasshouse gives you the ceremonial bowl. Is there another fealty that gives you the hearts to make the sacrifice?
jlochamy
Street Urchin

In Game Name: Vargo Stagthorn
Fealty: House Baratheon
Alliance:

Postby Ronnet » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:20 pm

jlochamy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:04 am wrote:Why do people keep referring to reincarnating as a need to hatch a dragon egg? The Martell glasshouse gives you the ceremonial bowl. Is there another fealty that gives you the hearts to make the sacrifice?

Getting a dragon is a two-step process. First you have to awaken the dormant dragon egg. Then you have to hatch a dragon out of the awakened egg. Both processes have very low chances of success (failing just gets you the original egg back). To awaken the egg, you don't have to reincarnate at all. To hatch it, you need 5 fealty buildings.

Basically...

Awakening an egg requires (for 1 attempt, I got mine on attempt 7):

1 Dormant Dragon Egg (bought from the shop)
7 Incense (crafted in R'hllor temple, also drops from Vol III adventure "Oldtown"'9
1 Offering (needs 3 ceremonial bowls, and 9 sacrifices - both of which actually drop from adventures and level 20 camps - and also needs 2 ceremonial daggers that can be crafted in the Sept)

Now to hatch the egg (can be only done in Targaryen fealty building Reliquary) you need:

1 awakened egg
5 Pyre (crafted with very low success in the R'hllor temple, also drops from two quests and some alliance challenges)
1 Dragon Horn (crafted in the Greyjoy fealty building Shipyard)

The Dragon Horn itself is also a tricky thing to craft as it needs:

10 Valyrian Glyphs (drop from adventures and Level 20 camps)
1 Jeweled Armor (crafted in the Lannister fealty building Mine)
1 Great Horn (crafted in the Stark fealty building Hunting Lodge)

To make the jeweled armor you'd need 15 steel (uncommon resource), 10 Sparkling Jewels (crafted in the Alchemist's Guild) and 2 Forest Armor (crafted in Godswood out of breastplates, lead, and Weirwood - another rare drop from adventures or level 20 camps)
To craft the Great Horn you'll need 1 Forest Armor, 3 Crystal Sword (a legendary weapon that sometimes drops from one specific adventure in Vol 1), and 2 Aurochs. But Aurochs themselves are crafted in the Baratheon fealty building Feast.

So long story short, to awaken the egg, you don't need any specific fealty.
To hatch the egg, you need Targaryen, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Stark, and Lannister fealty buildings.
Ronnet
Warden of the Forum

Postby Serra » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:05 am

This blog post from Nod http://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/entry/reincarnation-by-the-numbers is fun to look at regarding reincarnation and how many players partake.
Serra
Smallfolk

In Game Name: Wicked Wynter
Fealty: House Baratheon
Alliance: N/A

Next

Return to Maesters of the Citadel